Monday, May 11, 2009

Gah!

Well, I was going to write about our trip but blogger has a scheduled outage in 14 minutes and I don't do well under pressure. I really enjoyed the Outer Banks. Granted we were there a little before tourist season but it was much more relaxed than VA Beach. Loved our room - opened up the door and were right at the beach and the pool. All of the staff at the Hilton were really friendly and helpful. :) Also, North Carolina is apparently the best place to get hushpuppies. For real.

Me, Friday night at a high-end restaurant with lobster and steak in front of me: "This is the best hushpuppy I have EVER eaten!".

The ball of fried dough impressed me more than the other stuff. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry. Considering how I ralfed up everything later anyway, maybe cry.

Note to pregnant self: Do not eat rich food or seafood, or rich seafood while pregnant.

I'll put pictures up after the outage.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Hushpuppies in Florida are really good too!!!! :) So is the fried gator tail. Though I'm guessing that isn't good for a pregnant woman either...

LzyMom said...

Maybe it would be good for pregnant gators? :)