Thursday, May 28, 2009

hmpf

Well, I'm still only a cm dilated. :P But then I still have 20 days to go. Sigh. 20 long uncomfortable days. I tested negative for strep B so I won't have to have an IV. I told the doctor that was awesome because I wanted to let things happen on their own. She agreed. Induction may be handy, and or necessary, sometimes but it's really REALLY hard on a woman's body. The contractions can be more frequent and stronger. I feel like I lucked out with the last epidural. I've heard of women who have nerve issues and pain for years from them. I feel like I got lucky with the one I had, and I'd like to leave it at that.

Maybe Pedro doesn't remember, but I clearly do, the moment I wanted everyone to leave the delivery room so that I could crawl to the corner (I had one picked out) and just wait out the storm. I wasn't interested in having a baby that day. Thanks. I don't want to go through that again. And although this time the uncertainty is frustrating, I'd rather that #2 come on her own time. But that time had better not be after the due date. :)

Besides, #2 is no where near as large as Lily was. I could have her in my sleep. Actually, that would be pretty awesome. Could we make that happen?

No comments: