Thursday, May 14, 2009

Freaking Out

I had my 35 week check up today. #2's heart beat sounds good, my belly is growing, "right on target". Whatever that means. I also got an armful of samples to bring home. On the back of one of the little booklets is a mom's bag checklist. I'm like, 5 pairs of underwear? What do they expect me to be doing? First of all, the hospital gives you disposable underwear, which are the bomb. Cuz if you feel like it, you can go all hulk on them and rip them off. Not that I did that, or anything. Half of the things on this list, I got at the hospital. I did wish that I had brought an extra pillow though. And man those beds suck to sleep on.

Same thing with the baby's bag list. They'll give the baby clothes to use, while you're there. Make sure you have the going home outfit though. I brought lots of receiving blankets for Lily and we used those to prop her up in her crib to make her more comfy. :) I remember all the things I brought for myself that I never used. I was so tired and got so little sleep. The days seemed to go by so fast. Sigh.

Anyway, part of my brain is freaking out and I don't want to pack a bag as big as the car. I know what I used last time and I can always get something that I don't have. I remember this Murphy Brown episode where she didn't have a bag, so she asked one of her coworkers to pack one for her and he panicked and brought her 20 bras. :) Don't bring 20 bras.

No comments: