Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Naked Chef

Late this afternoon, Lily was watching Clifford (the big red dog). I took the opportunity to prep the veggies for dinner. I figured since she was still watching the show, I'd be able to run to the bathroom. Well, I did but when I got back she had pulled off all of her clothes and was stirring squash in a frying pan, butt naked. (the stove was off) I took some wonderful pictures but Pedro won't let me post them. Even the ones where there's hardly any butt crack showing.

A cashier at the grocery store told me that she just found out that she's 4 and a half weeks pregnant. I'm pregnant for all the world to see. Why do strangers think they can walk up to me and demand to know my due date and/or the sex of my child? I'm going to ask for their bank account information in return. Luckily I'm super tall and scary so no one tries to touch my belly.

Anyway, I'm sure I had a point. Oh well. Lily and I were watching Waterhorse something something something something, and there was a cool big sister in it. So I was trying to talk her up to Lily. Hey, it beats being stabbed. Plus I was showing her all the baby pictures on the samples I got. I can already tell it's hard for Lily putting up with all the "baby" talk. I want to make her feel included and see if I can get her excited about being a sister and helping mommy with the baby. Of course, tonight she was banging her baby doll's head repeatedly against the wall.....

1 comment:

Stacy said...

hee!! Maybe it's a Libra thing???

And yeah great for the cashier and all but I'd be looking for me "not interested" sign...