Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sigh

I'm not really sad or stressed. I'm feeling wistful. Lily and I had a really good day together shopping. It was good for me because there were a lot of sales and Lily was cooperative even though she didn't get much sleep. I got a lot of new baby clothes because I only had a few smaller sizes. I knew Lily was huge so when I bought for her it was usually 6mths even though she was a newborn. Since #2 is likely to be much smaller, I needed more onesies. And I know Miss Lily will not share her blankets, which is fine, so I had to pick something out for Mavis.

Just kidding. Trying out different names. Not that Mavis is even on the list. Anyway, now we're equipped with blankets and burp cloths and onesies, oh my. We even got Lily a booster seat. That's why I'm wistful. She's been walking around with her baby backpack on while wearing Chanel lipstick. Preschool seems like it's just around the corner. Sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAVIS IS A COOL NAME Maybe a cooler name would be Mavis Janelle

Stacy said...

I still like Beulah May Moo or whatever it was. LOL

LzyMom said...

I looked up Mavis and it means "song thrush"? And I am sure they're talking about the bird but I'm not naming my child after anything that sounds like a musical yeast infection.

Also, it reminds me of renting cars.