Saturday, May 23, 2009

Forsooth!

First things first: Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.





Then that person was mad that her daddy was going out without her. I think they had a good time at the picnic. I was asleep when Pedro got home and decided I would best be served by relaxing.


Yay, I made it to the VA Renaissance Fair and back. I did pretty well. I held my own for 3 hours. Now my feet are a little swollen but I didn't get a sunburn or heat exhaustion (it was hot). Lily sort of enjoyed it. They're very... friendly isn't the word. I almost felt accosted by people as I was going through the fair. "GOOD DAY MY LADY. FARE YE WELL?" Shut up and get out of my way, I'm hot and I need to pee. Lily made a few friends, but she wasn't having much of the overly friendly folks either. I think it's the perfect place for people who take their renaissance seriously. The dressed up people far outnumbered us regular folks. I didn't know what to say though. I just smiled a lot and tried to hide under my visor. (not easy)

Everyone talked in the "olde English" way. Well, except for the face painting lady. She was pretty cool. Lily watched Stacy have her face painted first. Then she was all up for it. She sat very still and did a really good job of behaving herself. Lily, I mean. :) Lily was pretty good today. She didn't want to leave the alpacas or the dogs, but once I pulled her away she got over it. Just before we left, she plunked down on the ground like she had had enough. She walked around with us for over 2 hours so she did a good job.

I just got a shock. Lily was being a little too quiet in my room, so I went to see what she was doing. When she heard me coming she hid a bunch of wipes under the bed. I pulled them out and they were all blue. She removed her face paint! I'm not mad, I'm just always amazed at the way she decides things for herself. She enjoyed having the face paint put on, and now she wants it gone and knew how to take care of herself. Come on people, she's two, that's pretty good. :)

I'd like to go back next year and now I know what to expect. I saw a woman wearing a very loose white blouse under a beautiful red dress, almost like a tunic. She looked a lot more comfy than the ones in bodices. I might dress up next year. :) Now I'm sitting here, kind of hungry, wondering when Pedro's going to make it home from the mountain. I half suspect they're actually all having a LAN party.....

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Hey, I thought I sat still and behaved myself too. HEE!!!! I had fun too. I got a lot of sun, I was surprised when I got inside and saw I'm about 2 shades darker. doh! Yeah if someone had mentioned my 'knickers' one more time...I was like "I shall slug ye in thy privy face!". ROFL. But it was a good time...mead next year! :)

ps I 'm glad Lily didn't fight about her face paint...it was probably itching a bit.

and pps I saved the pic so never mind! :)

Anonymous said...

Lily was born very special. A wise old woman in a wee little self. :):)::) g-ma

Anonymous said...

Whats a LAN PARTY and why where people at the fair mentioning knickers

LzyMom said...

I don't know what LAN stands for but it means a "party" where everyone brings their computer and they all get hooked up (the computers) and they all play video games against each other (the people).

Most people at the fair were in Renaissance dress and they picked on the ones who were wearing shorts. Probably because we were so much more comfortable than them. It was a lot more of a realistic experience than I was expecting. There was even someone in bandages so they had the lepers covered too. ha Pun.