Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mouth meet Money

Yay I have my veggies! I'm not sure what one of the items is, but it looks like some sort of greens. I'm leaning towards mustard greens. I got a lot of asparagus and three types of lettuce. Oh and fresh honey comb (heee!). Lily didn't want to leave the farm.

Then we went to the local SPCA. I know I've said that last couple of weeks that I wanted to donate money after all I've spent on Riley. I know that doesn't really make sense but his barfing butt (not quite) will always be taken care of but other family pets have found themselves at the pound and our shelter has a huge budget deficit so.... It felt kind of good to write that check. Then we went to look at the dogs up for adoption. First of all, do they ALL have to bark? Second, it got depressing really quickly. I stopped to look at a few dogs and boy, when they know they have your attention, they really turn on the charm. Sigh. There was this larger dog that was the epitome of mutt, longer hair, floppy ears, big sad eyes. I had to leave after that. Sigh.

No comments: