Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Potty Wars

Lily seems just as determined to not pee on the potty as we are to try to get her to do it. I can tell that Pedro's getting frustrated. I know that I don't have the energy to keep up with her and catch her every time she pees, so to my mind, I will encourage her but let it go until I'm ready too. You know? These dark pics are from last night. Pedro had Lily help him with the recycling. :)

I know that my little girl is smart but exceedingly stubborn and that she will do things when she's ready. I also know that giving her ultimatums doesn't work. I feel like the best I can do is reward her with chocolate when she tries. And I'm very grateful for the child I have. She was mad last night about something but whenever I groan or cry out (something ALWAYS hurts now) she stops and asks me if I'm okay. I don't want to say she's empathic (cuz that reminds me of Deanna Troi) but she's very sweet and I'd rather that sweetness not be bullied out of her.

But if anyone knows a cool trick to get kids to pee on the potty....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good potty training trick is go get some crazy glue and put her on potty until she goes and then unstick her with nail polish remover at end of day

LzyMom said...

hmmmmm

I'd kind of prefer a trick that doesn't get me trouble with Family Services.

I know, I ask for help and then I get all fussy.

Anonymous said...

Daddy can't get too frustrated. The apple does not fall too far away from the tree. I remember the same situation with a small little boy. One who you could hear and smell behind the couch when he knew he had to go. He started to use the bathroom on his time not mom's or dad's. All in the right time. LOL payback time LOL LOL LOL LOL g-ma :):):):):):):):):)