Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th

Well, I was going to try to be all clever but I'm too tired for that. Pedro asked me to meet him in town for dinner. An Italian restaurant opened up in the same building where he works. I asked him if it was nice and got a non-committal answer. So I go in a camouflage green skirt with green flip flops with a black t-shirt to a place with linen tablecloths and antique silverware. AWESOME!

It was kind of hot, but we decided to eat outside. Mostly, so if Lily got ants in her pants she could run around. So NO liquor license. WHAT? I had a rough day and I was looking forward to a nice cold glass of white wine. boo! So then we look at the menus, and I ask what the special is. No specials! So now I'm thinking, there goes my day. So a lot of stuff looked good and I asked the waiter which of the entrees was better. He directed me to a very, very tasty dish. It was arugula gnocciatta (spelling?) with gorgonzola sauce. Holy 3000 calories, batman. Oh, it was so good.

Pedro had rabbit with risotta in a baked tomato. I'm not really up on tomatoes so good for Pedro. :P By the way, Lily was really good and sat still for most of our dinner. She also yummed up almost all the food we gave her.

Brie - check.
Breadstick - check.
Dipping fresh bread in olive oil - check.
Arugula - no check. (spit out and thrown off of plate angrily)
Carrot - check.
Carrot split in pieces after watching daddy break his breadstick - check.
Flirting with waiters and saying hi to everyone walking by - check.
Mommy's pasta - check.
Mommy's pasta sauce scraped repeatedly off of plate - check.
Rabbit - check.
Risotto - check.

Do you get the feeling she might be spoiled? :)

I ordered profiteroles for dessert but I got ice cream. I was pretty sure P-roles are pastry balls, filled with a custard thing and covered in chocolate. The ice cream was good - chocolate surrounding pistachio. yummmm But I told the waiter (nicely) what I thought P-roles were supposed to be and so he went to check. We'd already paid by then and the service was also awesome so I tipped him big. Good thing cuz he came back with the P-roles! He said he screwed up and I got some free dessert! Go me!

It was an awesome meal. Lily behaved, the service was awesome, that Italian waiter was HOT, the food was beyond excellent. Did I have another point? I guess it will be nice when they get their liquor license.

The pics? We made daddy a crown at craft day today. Lily showed quite a creative streak. I showed her the sticky pieces and she put them where she wanted them. I would never have thought to stack them on each other!

2 comments:

M'Lou said...

Trust a man not to say that it is a 'dress up' restaurant. Sounds like Lily is a good little eater. Esther was too. Then later they can become picky.

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time. Who said casual wear wasn't posh.... I love hunky waiters too...