Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Eatin'

I've been a little worried about how much (or little) Miss Lily has been eating lately. Well, I'm not so worried anymore. She ate a large portion (for her) of pizza and tonight Pedro said that she ate a whole hot dog. I'm happy but a little nervous. I was watching Dr Phil at the gym and the show was about overweight children. This little girl was 3 and weighed over 80 pounds. She wears size 10-12 for 10 year olds. It's awful to see her little body just choked up with fat. Her mom complained that her daughter is always asking for food. I had to bite my tongue not to scream out "give her a fricking carrot stick!" Food doesn't have to mean it has 1000 calories. Sigh. I still feel so badly for that child. It just really affected me.

Anyway, it's late and I need to get some sleep. Pedro had two (TWO!) naps today and I had zero.

5 comments:

M'Lou said...

For the most part kids will eat when they want. If they are not hungry why make them sit there and clean their plate? Mind you, it is important to make sure that they are not snacking on unhealthy stuff between meals. Sometimes we worry that they are not eating enough but if they have energy just let nature take its course.

That Chick Over There said...

Those shoes always bother me too, mostly because they seem so explotive. You know?

I have the thinnest kids too. My kids are beanpoles. They eat a lot, but it's healthy food!

That Chick Over There said...

Those shoes? What the crap? I meant SHOWS. Gah!

LzyMom said...

Oh my gosh the infamous Chick has visited! yeah, I did wonder about the shoes part. :)

I was a beanpole growing up and if you could see me now... (as I eat a half a bag of goldfish)

And yes, Grauntma, I don't force food on her, nor do I withhold it. I try to give her plenty of opportunities to eat healthy food. She loves strawberries. :)

M'Lou said...

strawberries? Yummmmm.