Thursday, February 14, 2008

Table Cat

Surely more than a few people have one of these. I thought she looked so gorgeous on the table, in a big pool of sunshine. :) Until Lily came along and messed with her. Poor Daphne. Yes, Pedro, I left Daphne on the table to sunbathe. She's an old kitty and I hope I am treated as nicely in my old age. (Just don't expect me to use a litter box) mpf

Oops, that was supposed to be hmpf. Sigh. I'm having one of those days. I think Lily brought a cold home from the gym. She seems to be the one with the least amount of suffering. Which is good because we can't do too much for her when she's sick. Although Pedro and I both feel like death on a stick. But there are medicines for that. {grin}

This is a picture of what I saw when I looked outside this morning. Ice yesterday, snow today. It's like it's winter, or something. I didn't go to the gym today. Not because of the snow, but because of my cold. :( I'm trying to go 4 or 5 days a week. I don't kill myself when I go. I love to lift weights but I try to take it easy so that I'm not so sore that I have to miss a week. Ditto on the cardio. Man I hate doing cardio. I do it because I know I have to and it helps my heart and burns fat. I just HATE it. I feel like a gerbil on a wheel. Albeit a big, fat gerbil. Now how many gerbils have you seen lift weights? EXACTLY.

I do have a ton (okay, five) errands to run today. I'm waiting for Lily to finish her nap and my hair to finish coloring. I have to get the stuff that covers more gray now. (sob) I'm hoping to get a sassy new haircut tomorrow. My hair has been long for a while. It's not quite halfway down my back (long for me!). But I do NOTHING with it. Nothing. It's in a ponytail all day and sometimes, all night (I forget to take the off the hair doodad sometimes). This is part of my year of improvement. I know some of you (M'Lou) are saying that I'd better hurry up since it's halfway through February. Well, I got news for you. I'm following the Chinese year, so I'm just getting started!!! ha!

Alright, it was kind of a fluke that I joined the gym on Chinese New Year. What year is it again? The Rat, right? Well, that's damn close to a gerbil - no wonder I joined a gym! If you need astrological insights for your own life, just let me know. :) No, I'm not licensed or certified so if you listen to me, it's your own fault. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor old Daffers. I am glad she gets some respect and is allowed a little ray of sunshine now and then. Daphne is a grand old lady.

M'Lou

LzyMom said...

I've been really proud of Daphne lately. She used to never jump over the baby gates but now I hear her making her way over. The boys make a thud when they land. She makes a scuffle-thud as she scrambles over. :) Some days she feels her age and waits for me to lift her over. I've been trying to give her more attention lately cuz she hasn't scratched Lily in a while. :)