Thursday, February 7, 2008

Go me!

I had an epiphany last week. Alright, it wasn't really an epiphany (I love saying that word) but I finally realized that I have to lose weight and as I gave myself last year to do so, and I didn't lose any, that it's time to "get real". I went and checked out a gym and went for the first time, in a long time, today. I didn't join - the lady gave me a 2 day pass. I was worried about Lily fitting in at the child care room.

She cries when we go to grandma and grandpa's. She cries if they come here. She cries if people look at her too long in the grocery store, etc. So I had valid concerns. I sat with her for a few minutes. Mostly because she was clinging to me like a baby howler monkey. Not that she was howling. So I waited until she started to play with some toys. Then I slowly backed out. She looked at me once but didn't cry. yay! So I checked on her later and she was happily coloring. She did cry today, but only when I took her marker and tried to get her to leave with me. HMPF!

So this is great news. I can get much needed exercise. Lily can get much needed socializing (other kids were there). And I can have an hour to myself without worrying about Lily! The lady who watches the kids is a full time nanny but works at the gym while the kids are in school. She's awesome. :)

So I'll probably join the gym tomorrow. I like it because I think I was the second youngest person there (kids excluded). It's not a meat market, like the gym I went to in Vancouver. Gosh, when you put your makeup on to go to the gym, you have to wonder.... Although, the guys were really, REALLY, hot. mmmmm Muscly, with a slight layer of sweat... Wait, what was I talking about???

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Lily. :)

Anonymous said...

Go Sonia. :-)

Anonymous said...

Go Sonia AND Lily. ;}

Anonymous said...

Good morning girls
I had a wonderful day off yesterday and I am refreshed and ready to go here at work. Glad you girls had a good outing. You go girls. May your day be blessed in His graces.
Love g-ma

LzyMom said...

Thanks M'lou. I'll bet you were surprised to hear I dragged my carcass to a gym!

I'm glad g-ma got some rest! Hopefully, Lily and I can come down and have an all girls Valentine's!

I'm slowly getting ready for the gym. Yesterday, I tried to leave by 9 and we didn't get there until 9:45. Now it's 8:22 and I'm wondering how to kill half an hour. Sigh. At least I'm up and ready to go!

Anonymous said...

Keep at it darlin' it will be worth it and Lily needs to socialize with her peers.

Jennifer said...

Go you!