Friday, February 15, 2008

300!

Wow, this is my 300th post. Ain't life grand? I'm actually not feeling well so that was supposed to be sarcastic. Well, we'll see how far I go before I collapse. I went back to Old Navy today and got a couple of more things for Lily. I got her a cute spring coat. It's lined with a light fleece material. But more importantly, I think she looks really cute in it. Even when she's crying. She may be coming down with what we have although her energy levels seem to be normal! I can't believe she dodged her nap today. Although, she crashed on the way home.

hmmmm Since I seem to be uninspired at the moment, I think I'll spin this into a Friday Facts:

1. Old Navy has great kids clothes and a good selection of Women's clothes online. Cheap and not floral!

2. I have a small Canadian flag on my desk in a pot with a dead plant.

3. I've lost some weight since going to the gym. However, I recently purchased some cinnamon roll ice cream. I can't weigh myself to check the damage because my old scale and I had a falling out...

4. Lily is a lot of fun to watch grow up. Fun and frustrating. She loves to dance now and will do so when I ask her to. You should see her rock out in her car seat. :) You should also see her have a tantrum in the middle of Old Navy. Sigh.

5. If necessary, I can carry a kicking 30lb child and a pile of clothes to the check out counter. :) I'm so glad I've been lifting weights!

6. I don't share my stuffed animals with Lily. I just remembered a time, a long time ago, when I worked at a pharmaceutical wholesaler. There was a guy that came around every Friday afternoon and sold candy and nuts. We affectionately called him the Nut Man. This story isn't actually about him. One day he brought in his daughter. Well, less a daughter and more an ill-mannered thug. At the time, I had a much treasured blue haired troll doll with a pharmacist outfit, on my desk. Well, guess who liked it too? The "daughter" asked me again and again and again if she could have him. I told her no, no, and no. Ain't no one walking off with MY pharmacist troll doll! Once she was gone, my coworkers were dismayed that I hadn't cracked under her kindergarten pressure to give up the goods. I'm still proud of myself for holding out. :)

7. I'm not sure what the above says about me. And hey, I was an only child. I'm still figuring out the sharing stuff.

8. I need to buy Lily something to bounce on. She was trying to bounce up and down on her blue ball. At least I was nice enough not to take a picture after the ball had rolled away without her noticing...

5 comments:

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

Did you give that child blue bubble gum and let her swallow it.

LzyMom said...

Yeah, and it looks like she swallowed a bar code too! ha! We're going to have to go and buy her a bouncy ride soon.

M'Lou said...

Children need to know that they can't have everything. You did right in not letting that ill mannered child have the pharmaceutical troll doll.

Next time Lily has a tantrum you might just walk away from her. To where you can still keep an eye on her but where she can't see you. Kids require an audience to put on a great tantrum. Or most do. You'll have the exception to the rule.

She should realize you are not there and cry out for you at which time you pop back and say here I am did you miss me? I am on my way over here.... or whatever.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

The old soggy pancake routine. Boy does that bring back memories. You didn't here that from me aunt Nicole:):):):):)
Love g-ma

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

Just don't buy her patten leather shoes and tell her she can't wear them when she wants to. Thats my advise..