Sunday, February 10, 2008

Friday Facts (Sunday version)

I've been taking it easy the last few days. I've been to the gym three times in the last four days. Go me! I have noticed a change in Lily, since she's started hanging out with other kids. On Friday a mom brought in her children and her little girl was crying inconsolably. I watched Lily to make sure she was okay. Well, that afternoon who did the exact same cry? Pitch perfect, and everything? Lily. Grrrrr. It's her whiny cry. Sigh. I know kids mimic each other but holy smokes.

Anyway, onto my list:

1. Since I've started working out, I can't stop eating. I went to bed Friday night hungry and I dreamed about food all night. I even cataloged all the food I have in the house - while I was dreaming!!!

2. I applaud anyone over 60 going to the gym but for the love of chocolate could some of the older guys wear looser shorts or something? I don't need to see old man bits outlined in their pants, as they bend over. Now, NO I do not make it a habit to watch old men bend over but this one looked shaky and I wanted to make sure he didn't hurt himself. Instead, I was the one in pain.

3. In reference to #1, I am not starving myself. I figure two dinners a night is enough. Does that tell you how hungry I've been? As a side note, many years ago my mom and I went out to dinner after I worked out. I ate two appetizers and an entree. She swore to never take me out after the gym to eat again.

4. Lily is maturing and changing every day. She now loves to spin around in the front hall, stomping her feet and waving her hands around in the air. I LOVE this. :)

5. I watched this amazing show on PBS today. African American Lives. The host, somebody Gates, examined some celebrities' ancestries. It was weird to watch Chris Rock cry. The whole show was beautiful and educational and moving. Watch it if you get the chance. I won't try to sum it up as I won't do a good job and the show is amazing. :)

6. I have turned into a humungo dork. I used to be able to have conversations with people. Now I say the stupidest things. Sigh. I can't really blame sleep deprivation anymore. I think it's from being a shut-in. :) How can I keep my intelligence keen when I have to watch Barney???

7. I need to stop looking at Grammy pictures and finish this.

8. Sigh. I can't think of anything new!

Everyone stay warm, it's going to be 16F tonight! That might be -9C? Brrrrrrr

2 comments:

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

Kepp up the good work at the gym Sonia. We will need to put your newfound fitness to work this summer with a nice hike on skyline.

LzyMom said...

Will you go up Old Rag with us too? I'll make sure that Pedro doesn't bring 20 bottles of water so that he can make it next time. :)