Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Right Words

I don't feel like I have the right words to say, so I'll just type it out: my dad passed away this morning. Those of you who know me, know that he and I have been estranged for a number of years. But it's still the end of a relationship and the end of what was my immediate family growing up (no matter HOW dysfunctional).

I've felt sorry for my dad the last few years as he seemed miserable and angry. I hope that he finds some peace now.

I am glad that I sent off a few pictures of Lily to him before he died. His friend that called me, told me that he was a proud grandpa. Lily makes it easy for anyone to be proud of her. :)

3 comments:

M'Lou said...

I am glad you let him know about Lily. You should have no regrets about your actions. Lily is a charmer that is for certain.

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

Sorry to hear about your dad Sonia. I hope you can find peace as well. Nicole

Jennifer said...

So sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you are able to find peace and have not one regret. Hang in there.