Sunday, February 24, 2008

Picasso

Lily loves to draw. She's not very good at keeping it on the scrap paper. I'm SO glad that I bought washable markers. whew They're also non-toxic which came in handy the night she colored her tongue blue. Sigh. I'm a little not excited to sleep with her tonight. She really needs to learn to sleep through the night. I know that no one really sleeps through the night. We all wake up but most of us roll over and fall back asleep. That's what Lily needs to learn. I'm glad that Pedro and I trade off so that neither one of us has to be a zombie.

I bought a new scale (since the last one and I had a falling out) and it looks like I'm not losing any weight. I know I'm thinner cuz my tight pants are falling off my bum. I'm guilty of lifting a lot of weights. I can't help it. I love feeling strong. So I was good today and did more cardio and less lifting. Sigh. I know it's the right thing to do. Speaking of the right thing, Miss Lily ate all her dinner tonight. Including a mushroom and tempeh. Pedro liked the tempeh better than tofu. It has a much firmer consistency and higher protein value. I'm still taking this vegetarian thing seriously. But I have to learn about more options. I made a killer veggie chili with Seitan. Once it went through the food processor, it looked exactly like ground beef. :) Pedro even ate some veggie "sausage" patties. (although, I don't think there was much in the house at the time.)

Anyway, I got completely off topic. Lily ate all of her dinner and didn't throw it around so I gave her a gingersnap cookie for dessert. I don't know if she totally understood but I thought what the heck. Good behavior should be rewarded. :) I'm sure the NO days are ahead, but I still feel lucky that Lily (usually) eats everything I give her.

I have an appointment with a personal trainer at the gym tomorrow. It may be a really short visit if Lily cries so think happy thoughts for us!

No comments: