Monday, October 15, 2007

Crazy

A few days shy of being a toddler and Miss Lily is driving me crazy. I will take part blame for it. We've been trying to clean out the house, thereby making a huge mess. Lily likes to get into things. I'm frustrated right now that we don't have a safe Lily room. I have to constantly say "don't touch!" and I know that sucks for me AND her. Mostly me though. :)

And here is the reason that Pedro and I can't leave baby stuff out around the house. BG likes to make "friends" with them. I think the Elmo chair was too big to be molested but I still don't want cat hair all over the place. Let me rephrase that. I DO have cat hair all over the place. I try to keep it off of Lily's stuff.

On the positive side, we did get an old stereo table out of the house. We also started on a side porch. I'd say the side porch, but we haven't had one for a while. We got the posts in and a frame done. Yes, I helped dig the post holes! My shoulders aren't hurting YET. Yes, that's Lily climbing into a filing container. Maybe she'll be a really tall spelunker when she grows up.

Daddy turned that same container into a toy box (I think the toys are breeding by themselves) and she wasted NO time in climbing in it. I'm not sure what the tongue has to do with it.


Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we watched a really good documentary last night - The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. If you've got Netflix, watch it!!! (I cried a couple of times - dern cute parrots) Pedro even shushed me a couple of times, so you know it's good. :)

I also forgot to mention that Lily is walking a good deal more. It ain't perfect but it's not uncommon to see her walk four or five feet on her own. And Pedro, if you see this - she got a hold of Loki, and she loves it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You think you have it rough now. Hah. You haven't seen anything yet. Lily isn't really a toddler yet - she has to toddle first but she will and soon. They set off on unsteady legs and the next stage is running - and faster than Mommy. Yeah! Have fun then.