Friday, August 31, 2007

Thanks

I'm feeling kind of... grateful (?) right now. I was just thinking of all the people who have helped me since I've become a mom. Grandma and grandpa have, of course, done a lot. :) But right now I'm thinking of the strangers who have helped me.

There was an older woman in Whole Foods who practically forced me to let her push my cart to my car, waited patiently for me to settle Lily, then unload the cart, then took the cart back to the store with her. There have been a number of people who have taken my grocery cart for me so I don't have to leave Lily in a hot car for a minute while I run the cart back. And then there are the people who see me getting Lily out and bring me a cart. Maybe I reap the rewards for living in the south in a rural community. Anyway, thank you everyone who's helped me and Lily. :)

I like to be a helpful person too. Although, when I hold a door open for someone and they don't say thank you, I tend to say "You're welcome!" in a large, sarcastic voice. But that's just me.

And do I need to remind Lily that she has an Elmo chair??? She almost fell asleep in her toy box today. Oh and we skipped the morning nap too. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still no comments.