Saturday, August 4, 2007

Humble

Sorry that I haven't posted in a few days. I've been really pooped lately. Well, I've also been cleaning up the house a lot more so perhaps the 2 things are related. :) I'm even too tired to download the pictures from my camera so today will feature some old ones. This one is from April. Those big ole chubby cheeks!

Anyway, I'm feeling a little humble because of the lady in Arkansas who has given birth to 17 kids. First of all, how is her baby machinery still in such good working order??? It's amazing that it is. Second, 17 kids???!!! I know from one of my friends who is the oldest of 10 that the older kids help take care of the younger ones but as a mother, she is still responsible for 17 children! Ack! Congratulations to her on 17 healthy children. :)

Let's see, Lily has started this thing of waking up between 2 and 3 in the morning. She's so full of beans that she hangs onto the edge of her crib and bounces up and down. Poor daddy. You know, I read one of my baby books and it says at her age Lily should be sleeping 12 hours at night and 2 to 3 hours during the day. Well, she doesn't sleep 12 hours at night. I know, it's a guideline and not what every child does. I guess I'm going to have to try and keep Lily up more during the day. We don't get up and play with her in the middle of the night so I'm not sure why she's doing this. I will say that I feel blessed to have a happy, healthy baby and although I miss sleep, it's a fairly easy thing to give up for my child. (At least for now!)

And one last thing. Yesterday, before Pedro left work, the man who hired him told Pedro that they were really glad they had hired him. Isn't that nice??? Pedro is a hard worker and smart and stuff. :)

No comments: