Saturday, August 4, 2007

Wii!

Well, what a day. I haven't really blogged about Pedro's quest for a Nintendo Wii. Basically, the people at Game Stop hate looking at my face. I call or drop by there sporadically. Or maybe, often. Anyway, I had to return something at Toys r Us. I remembered that their electronics department was usually empty so I thought I'd ask if they had the Wii. They did. I bought it forthwith. I thought Pedro would be jumping up and down when I got it back to the car. He was slightly excited.

The pictures today are of Lily and her new monkey. She always gets excited in the baby aisle at Whole Foods when we pass by the stuffed animals. She loves her monkey. :) And the proceeds go to starving children, blah blah blah.... Lily loves her monkey! Check out her tongue. Lifting monkeys is hard work!

Also today, Pedro bought me a new computer monitor. We do tend to watch movies more in the study so I guess it makes more sense to get a larger monitor. It was just one of those days. Plus it's no tax weekend in Virginia so it was a good time to buy. :)

PS - If you're looking for a Nintendo Wii in the Charlottesville, Va area, check out the Toys R Us store on 29 - they had 3 on Saturday. Granted the people behind me were buying one too so HURRY!!!!!!

PPS - For people like auntie Mary Lou who might not know about a Wii (or care) here's a link.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All through the Blog I was asking "what is a Wii?" but then I used the link and I still don't know. I thought it was a toy of some kind for Lily.... oh well.

LzyMom said...

Well, M'Lou, I know you've played Super Mario brothers (or watched Esther play) so you know how you hold the controller that's hooked up to the machine. The Wii has cordless remotes (wonderful now that I don't have to fight to keep lily from unplugging the controller) and the games can be much more physical. When you play tennis, you actually stand up and swing your arms like you're playing tennis! It's a lot of fun. We make sure the blinds are all closed because I'm sure we look stupid as hell while playing. :)

LzyMom said...

I meant cordless controllers, not remotes. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

And this was for you and Pedro - the supposed adults in the household????? Hmmmm. What's wrong with this picture......

(just kidding) Have fun. I am not jealous - I would throw my back out if I tried something like that. I'll stick to Spider Solitaire.

But one question.... is this new game the reason there hasn't been a blog since Saturday and it is now approaching evening on Tuesday?