Thursday, August 9, 2007

Smarter

Last night I gave Pedro a bottle of water for Lily. He said she woke up at 2, sort of, but slammed the bottle of water and fell right back asleep. I guess we still have a lot to learn about Lily. :) I know it's hot and I've been making sure she always has a drink available all day. It's all night I didn't think about. But now we're on the right track. :)

I have gutters! I'm glad I chose the color that I did. They almost match the house. I'll have to take a picture. :) And we chose gutters that don't allow debris in so we won't have to clean them. ha! I tried to capture what Lily looks like when she pushes her face against the baby gate. She looks like a baby bank robber to me. :) I'm glad the gutters are done. The guys were really nice - if you're in Virginia, call Leafguard! I was a little anxious about it but it's all done and from what I see, it looks really good. :)

Let's see, in Lily news.... She likes to pull on the tags to her diaper when I'm changing them. This morning there was quite a poop and she was pulling the diaper so I said "Stop it". I got a "dot it" in response. She's going to be quite a whippersnapper isn't she? I knew I would have to watch my words so I treat Lily in the way I want her to be when she grows up. Does that make sense? I know she's going to absorb my words and my actions and so I'm trying to treat her in the manner I would like to be treated, because she's learning from me now. That's why I get a little frustrated with daddy because he mocks her sometimes when she cries. I don't want her to think it's not okay to cry, or that she'll be mouthy. Sigh. We'll see.

Yesterday she got in a little bit of trouble. She loves to go to the cat tower and grab handfuls of cat hair and shove them in her mouth. We always stop her but yesterday I kept moving her away and she'd go right back. So I got something to block the access and when I got back there she was again at the cat tower. So I yelled at her to stop and she turned and waved hi to me. Now the little bugger hasn't done that up til now. I'm sure she was saving it for just such an occasion. Who can get upset at their little one when they wave hi for the first time??? I've got her number. It was still pretty cute. I'm not sure why she decided to crawl into her toy box to play this morning. Easier access??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember another little baby girl - my sister's child....began to mutter "stupid Russell". My sister couldn't figure out what that meant until one day in traffic she was cut off and muttered "stupid asshole" and heard from the babyseat in the back a responding "stupid Russell". Yep, we do have to watch what we say. My sister's child was sharp as a tack too.... why, that was you wasn't it Sonia...

LzyMom said...

And Russell was the nicest guy too. He would always stop his brother from beating me up so I wondered what on earth my mom had against him. :) I remember I'd go to their house and keep an eye on Russell so I'd find out what was wrong with him. I have to admit that the car is a very hard place to not swear - I'd do very well if all Lily picked up was "Stupid Russell". :)