Friday, June 1, 2007

All about the hair...

If I have one particular vice as a mother, it's not bathing Lily every day. The books say do it in the evening before bed. Well, I'm bloody worn out by then so it usually doesn't happen. Daddy is good about taking her in the shower. So I noticed yesterday morning that her bedhead was screaming for a good bath.

So she got a bath in the morning. I'm sure the baby books are all screaming on the bookshelves. I know it's a routine to help babies know that sleepy time is coming, but we usually don't have a problem getting Lily to sleep at night. Her nighttime routine is daddy coming home. But seriously, doesn't it look like horns coming out of the back of her head?

Oh yeah, and we have to drop the mattress this weekend. Lily kind of crawls up the bumper. She can't pull up to a stand but she's so big she can peek over the railings anyway. I'm sure she's trying to figure out how to bust out of the crib. :) And I can't stop eating cookies because I'm still so tired everyday that they're a quick fix. Some days I stagger around all dizzy, which is a horrible feeling when trying to care for a small child. Pedro had to help Lily at 1am. I slept through her cries, I think I was just too exhausted. :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bath time can be such fun. I can't imagine not having it. Although it can be tiring with all the mess that can be made. But it all wipes up. Lily is at the age now where she can sit up on her own and will love a tub. Mind you, you still can't turn your back.

If you are so tired and dizzy all the time are you sure you're not diabetic. The cookies are not a good substitute for nutritious food. Keep some nutritious snacks handy - even have popcorn on hand for between meals. Something other than cookies.

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Hope you feel better soon, don't be hard so on yourself.

I {heart} cookies!

LzyMom said...

M'Lou - the cookies are oatmeal. :) I think the dizziness is related to being so sleep all the time. And sometimes I go long stretches without eating cuz I get so caught up with Lily. Hence the cookies. :)

Jennifer - thanks, :) I know this part of babyhood goes fast so I try and enjoy what I can. Even when I'm dogtired. :P