Thursday, May 31, 2007

blah

Let me see, not much time but I have a lot of information to share (for those who care). Lily can sit up on her own now. I mean, she can get into a sitting position on her own. That didn't take long. I can't remember if I said it yesterday or not but she follows me down the hall now. I do put up the babygate though because the cats have ripped up carpeting and there are some exposed nails. Which is why two of them are going in to be declawed next week. It's funny how priorities change once you have a child.

Anyway, what else. Riley and Lily have kind of started playing together. Very cute. Oh and last night when Pedro went out to pluck the fallen pieces of chicken from the grill, there was a raccoon on the back deck with the same intentions. He wasn't as big as the Vancouver raccoons who grow large on the excellent offerings from garbage cans there. Apparently, he was quite saucy and walked down the back steps slowly checking back over his shoulder to see if he was being followed. Sassy thing.

I'm sure I've forgotten something. Oh well. Here's another cute picture.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Racoons seem to thrive no matter where they are. We have destroyed their natural habitat so they adapt to ours. I haven't seem any lately but there was a group that used to convene under the deck. They would look in the laundry room window if we were down there and Joey (orange cat now deceased) used to freak. He would always streak past the laundry area to an area of safety.

LzyMom said...

I know raccoons will kill cats. I've wondered why sometimes I hear the cats freak out. I mean, they're all inside, but it's not the excitement they make over a squirrel on the back deck. Cheeky raccoons. I don't mind. They are very adaptable as are coyotes. And foxes. And cockroaches! blech

Anonymous said...

And maybe Skinks too. Your's didn't seem to mind you photographing their rendezvous. hehe

Anonymous said...

Miss Lily in her traveling pants.

And Mommy stay out of the cookies and
you and take a walk with Lily and look for deers, smell the breeze.

Granny

LzyMom said...

Mommy can't stay out of the cookies - a quick sugar rush is sometimes all I have time for. :(