Wednesday, June 27, 2007

HOT!

It's supposed to be up in the 90s today. Boo! Lily and I will hide out inside again. :) This morning I was looking at "old" pictures of Lily. Thankfully, grandma Sarah took some great photos of Lily just after her birth. I was in no shape to do so. I can't remember, I think I had 5 hours of sleep over 3 days? Or something close to that. No one gets a lot of sleep in a hospital. But look at her all little and wrinkled and fat. And look at her now!



It's just always so amazing to me to see the changes she's gone through in 8 months. And I'm not trying to be mean, but she seems like such a big baby. It's getting harder and harder to lift her! I feel for the moms who have babies that weigh over 15 pounds. Granted those are the babies whose moms have gestational diabetes but still! Anyway, here's Miss Lily clapping. I tried to take a picture when her hands were together but digital cameras are a bit slow.

Sometimes when I sit on the floor with Lily she'll come up behind me and either put her hands on my back to pull herself up, or lean up against me. It's VERY sweet. :) She is a sweet child, albeit one with a large stubborn streak. I wonder who she gets that from. hehehehehe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm new to the Lily blog :). I love the picture of Lily looking up at you with her little pink outfit on! It's exciting to hear how mobile she is getting. Sounds like she is in the grabbing phase! I suppose you're having to really Lily-proof the house. Just wait till she's walking--then you'll have to race to beat her to the next curiosity...
Hope all is well. Holly

LzyMom said...

Thanks Holly! It's almost started. She stands at the couch and steals everything she can off of it. :) The cats are already terrified of her. :)