Thursday, June 14, 2007

Handstand Grandstand

So what is this? Lily does this fairly often although it's hard to get a picture of her doing it. Usually, her head is touching the floor. Is this practice for standing up? I can tell it's a balance exercise. She's a pretty adept crawler now so I wonder why she does this.

We're having a lazy day today. Last night, I think the neighbor's kid had some friends over and they sounded a little drunk as they were hooting and hollering around 11:30pm. Thankfully, a row of thunderstorms came through and drove them inside. Of course, I was irritated and had trouble falling asleep. I mean I moved to the country to avoid this stuff!

I think I'm going to have to buy 5 acres and build a house right in the middle of the lot. hmpf Lily is teething again. She chews on whatever she can get in her mouth. We bought her some maracas (spelling?) and they're made out of plastic. I can hear her teeth clunking on the toy as she chews on it. I'm sorry for the pain she goes through but I'll be glad when she can share our meals. Although, Pedro's going to help me make lamb curry tonight and I don't always like sharing that... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of making a curry dish today but instead of lamb, I was thinking of using cat..... specifically Thomas. I had just about enough of him today but I am sure we will be friends again tomorrow or the next day... or the next.

Lily is doing good work getting ready to walk. Don't expect her to walk until a year or more but she is working on it. Go Lily. I used to say that to Lily the Hedgehog.... go Lily and she would huff and puff and bustle along.

Thanks for updating the Blog. I am sure others besides me appreciate it.

LzyMom said...

Uh oh, what did Thomas do??? Lily's also been trying to pull herself up on things. Well, more like she wants to reach up and she looks around confused like there's Something she needs to do. :) I'm just trying to enjoy the relative quiet before the storm. :)

Oh and the curry was good. Today I'm making oatmeal cookies. :)