Thursday, June 21, 2007

Moving on UP!

Lily and I had fun at our solstice lunch. Alright, I had fun. Lily looked around askance. There are a lot of people on the downtown mall. Actually, she slept through my 15 minute walk up and down the mall. I had dumplings for lunch. yummmm She woke up when we met up with my friend and did NOT look pleased. She did get to sit in some grass and run it through her toes. I was watching for anything dangerous in the grass. When I lived in Vancouver, it was not uncommon to see needles and used condoms on the curb and I'm sure worse was in the downtown parks. I wanted Lily to wear her pretty sun dress that she's only had a chance to wear once - and then she threw up on it so she never actually made it out the door in it. Well, the dern thing is too tight already! It was pinching her under her arms, you can kind of see it's too tight.

Farewell pretty sun dress,
We hardly wore ye.


Anyhoo, on to the big news.... Yes, it's true, she's standing and she pulled herself up. I knew the little munchkin would follow in my illustrious footsteps. My mom told me I could pull myself up at 8 months and Lily is a MUCH bigger baby than I was, so imagine the strength and coordination it takes for her. :) I couldn't find my camera but my cellphone was right beside me, hence the fuzziness. Pedro, take a pill, it's only a 25 cent charge. Walking will be just around the corner....

3 comments:

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

Um excuse me. Lillys fairy godmother sent her two new duds to wear. Throw that tight thing away. hugs and kisses. Auntie Nicole

Anonymous said...

WooHoo Lily - way to go.

LzyMom said...

*blush* yes, auntie Nicole we will get rid of the tight sun dress. My problem is that I don't have a green sun hat to match her new green outfit. I do have a pink one but it is getting tight on Lily's head. Obviously, Lily and I need to go on a shopping trip. :)