Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Salamander Bagel

I gave Lily some frozen bagel slices this morning. She loves them! I've been having trouble getting her to drink her formula today. She seems to want to make a switch to solid food. Which seemed especially obvious after she had a temper tantrum on my lap when I wouldn't give her any of my yogurt. Sigh.

And what kind of lizard is this??? It's living on my front porch under some firewood. It's about 6 or 7 inches long. I'm hoping it's responsible for the fall in ant populations in the front. I'm kind of having a rough day. Between Lily and the cats I'm in need of a vacation. Now Lily is scratching the door frame. Sigh.

UPDATE: I've discovered that the lizard is a 5 lined skink. The males don't have a blue tail and get a copper head during the mating season. There is a 5 lined skink with a blue tail in the other side of the garden. I'm going to have baby skinks! (well not me personally)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better skinks than skunks.

LzyMom said...

That's so funny! Before I opened up the comments I would have bet that you were going to say something like, better skinks than stinks! heee!