Sunday, July 26, 2009

Trying

I'm not really sure what to write. I'm tired and worried about Madilyn. She's healthy but the sleep thing. I've been in contact with another mom who's daughter had to sleep in a swing for 2 months, she had bad night colic. Which I think is what Madilyn has. Pedro and I both try to comfort her at night but NOTHING works. That makes me feel like quite a bit of a failure but I know it has more to do with M's baby systems maturing than anything I'm doing or not doing.

I've read that colic can peak at 6 weeks and disappear by3 to 4 months. I'm still going to call the doctor tomorrow. Being awake for 8 hours at a stretch just doesn't seem right. Lily has been pretty good through all of this. When I break down crying she hugs me and tells me it's okay. Seriously, she deserves a pony. :)

Well, I just put M down for a nap. It's so funny how easy that is during the day. She sleeps happily in her crib. Oh well. I'm grateful for the wonderful baby I have and hopefully by the time fall rolls around, things will have calmed down somewhat. :)

No comments: