Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gas

Might be what's keeping Madilyn up at a night. She was awake off and on from 10 last night until 3 this morning. I couldn't take it anymore and asked Pedro for help. He proudly boasted that he got her to sleep quickly after a feed and some "big farts". So that made me wonder. Madilyn doesn't really cry. She pulls her legs up and fusses but I wasn't sure if that was her partying or not. I have some gas drops that I can use for her. Maybe after her last feeding tonight. See if that helps.

I was a wreck this morning. I mean REALLY. I had one of those nights where I just questioned everything. Did I make a mistake having kid #2? Is it fair to Lily or any of us? A new baby is a big change and a stressful one. I kind of forgot about that. Lily has been pretty awesome though. She still maintains that M is her baby. Hey, that's a lot better than trying to hit her.

In other news, Madilyn had her first bath last night. She did pretty well but then she doesn't cry so... Isn't that weird? Lily didn't cry a lot but I do remember it. Pedro and I would snap at each other trying to figure out what was wrong with her and trying to fix it. So, it is less stressful in some respects having a baby that's so calm. But frustrating because when she doesn't cry, I think nothing's wrong with her. Did that make sense?

Anyway, I'm still stressing about how to take care of Madilyn. I did read in one of my books that it takes most babies up to 3 months before they really sleep through the night. I'd be happy with her just not partying at night. I don't care if I'm woken up for a feed but being kept up for 5 and a half hours? Holy crap. No one can take that and try to function the next day. I wanted to shake her and ask her what the hell was wrong. That's why I went to get Pedro. Hey, I'm human. And not that I don't want her, or love her, or enjoy her, but holy smokes, can I handle doing the baby thing again?

1 comment:

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Ninjamom,

Hi. I found your blog while I was researching for premies. I had a premie a little over 8 years ago. He's so great now. But it was a very tough time and I SO understand what you're going through. The sleeping through the night thing is so hard. And it varies from child to child. Mine didn't do to bad but he was always up about every 2-3 hours. And we had him on a monitor for his breathing for the first 4-6 months after he left the hospital and it would start beeping at all hours of the night because he had either stopped breathing for a second or 2 or had taken a long breath. It was very tiring.

I sympathize with what you're going through. It's hard to function on 1-2 hours of sleep a night. Hang in there. It WILL get better....I promise. You will start getting more hours of sleep and that first night when they sleep through the night is HEAVEN. Actually, the very first night my youngest slept through the night, I didn't!!....just because I thought something was wrong and I kept waking up! haha!

Anyway, hang in there. It will get better. I look forward to keeping up with your posts. Take care!

Linda R. in Missouri
http://runnebaum4.blogspot.com