Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hard at Work

Daddy watched Madilyn last night. Unfortunately, Lily wasn't used to this turn of events and slept very fitfully beside me. And then Pedro came in at 5am and said that's it. I'm going to have to be more strict about what is considered night time. But I think we all (except Lily) got more sleep than usual. Pedro said that M keeps him up less than Lily does.

Also, I paid close attention to M a few nights ago. The formula change has helped in that she's no longer fussing so badly. But she's still awake, but yawning. So I moved the night light from our room into the adjoining bathroom. Huge difference. And I cuddle her as much as she needs to fall asleep. So instead of being awake 3 hours, she's only awake 1 and that includes eating.

I also work really really hard at keeping her up during the day. I'm not cruel or anything but I try to keep her up an hour or more every 3 hour feeding period. Sometimes that takes constant attention to her. Was that English?

Anyway, things are slowly working their way back to an even keel. At playgroup yesterday I asked the moms how much sleep they get. One admitted that she still hasn't slept through the night and she has two toddlers. ACK She says with all of the drink/potty requests she's always up at night. And another one said that her baby didn't sleep through the night until 8 months. CRAP!

So we'll see what happens.

In other news, I'm going to see Harry Potter tonight! wooooo!

No comments: