Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh wow

I had a cute post (in my head) ready to go and unfortunately disaster, in the form of a sleepless baby, struck. Bear with me, I've been up since 4am. I'm torn between just getting M to sleep so that I can sleep and teaching her to fall asleep on her own. Pedro and I had a talk and we agreed that it makes the most sense to get her to sleep however right now, so that I can get some sleep. Once she can sleep longer stretches I'll work on settling her down so she can finish falling asleep on her own.

She is a very feisty wee baby. I swaddle her up like she's in a straight jacket but she will twist and kick until she gets out. She couldn't fall asleep last night either, I had to use the baby swing. I feel bad because I don't want her to rely on something like that to get to sleep. On the other hand, I need sleep, she needs sleep and obviously they make those things for a reason. So I don't really know what to do. Well, I guess I do. Get baby to sleep so that mommy can sleep and damn the torpedoes.

Important News: M had a doctor's appointment yesterday and she now weighs 7lbs 9oz so she's gained some respectable weight. She's starting to stay awake more now during the day, almost equal parts awake and asleep. Awesome. She's also starting to go longer stretches at night between feeds. Also, awesome. The only drag is that she now seems to not be able to fall asleep. Which is weird because she was such a good sleeper at first... ? Maybe she's more developed and so more interested in the world around her?

I wanted to get Lily a present for being so helpful and for putting up with me. :) Fortunately, CVS has a small toy section. Since Lily loves Sleeping Beauty, I went with some princess stuff. She LOVES it. Or them. She made me take off her pajama top because it clashed with her jewelry. *rolling eyes* Then we went and put on a party dress, with party shoes so she could complete her ensemble. Seriously. Y'all have no idea. Yes, she's happy to play for hours in the sandbox but give her a chance to dress up and she becomes a diva. She was hounding her daddy for her Hello Kitty makeup kit so that she could put on some lip gloss. But that kit has found another, well hidden, home. :)

In other news, Daphne wiped a poop all over the livingroom floor, and I broke a pyrex measuring cup in the kitchen. So it's been a fun clean up day today. In other, other news, I got some more Lindt chocolates - the cookies and cream ones. :)

2 comments:

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

Looks like she is keeping her baby blues. Cool. Pedro didnt choose how this one looks this time. She def favors you.

LzyMom said...

I think I read that baby's eyes can change until they're two years old. So... I guess we'll wait and see. :)