Thursday, July 23, 2009

Betterish

Well, Madilyn slept better last night. I still had to get up and feed her (duh) but she wasn't awake for long periods of time. I got some rest but for some reason I always feel more tired when I've had more sleep. It's like I become aware of how tired I am instead of running on empty.

Last night, Madilyn had trouble falling asleep and I was racking my brain trying to think of ways to calm her down. A shaky neuron fired and I remembered lullabies! Singing to her did indeed calm her down but the poor thing kept on startling herself every few seconds. It was weird and I think it's what keeps her up at night too. The doctor said something about it being neurological. ? She could be overstimulated but really, we don't do much round here.

I've been reading a lot of parenting newsgroups thingies and I just have to do my best and deal. Madilyn is only one month old and we're still figuring each other out. It's not like she doesn't have things to do. Just thinking about all that she has to learn tires me out. (Okay, I'm already tired). It's like Pedro says, just get through today. And then tomorrow? Just get through that too. Not a whole lot of fun but things will change soon.

No comments: