Friday, July 3, 2009

Diabolical

That's just the first word that popped in my head. :) We had an okay day today. M kept me up again last night. She slept 6 hours in the afternoon. Now, I try to wake her up. I do everything that I know to do and zzzzzz. I'll just keep on trying. And she's thrown up two nights in a row. I think it's nipple issues. She's getting too much food too fast. You wouldn't know it by how slowly sleepy face eats. And I took M on the scale with me at home. My scale (after some tricky subtraction) shows her weighing 7.6lbs. Now, I know that my scale isn't perfect but jeesh. I don't have much faith in the one at the doc's office either!

Pedro and Lily are off on a biking adventure around the lake. I know that Pedro can do it by himself, but with Lily he's dragging 40+lbs. I've got Koolaid made and well, he said he'd cook dinner so that's on him. :P We went grocery shopping as a family today. I put M in the baby wrap. Which also supported the bottle, so she fed and I had both hands free. :) It was still difficult to concentrate. Trying to organize coupons and the baby and keep my coffee from spilling. It was a lot to ask of myself.

I ran into the OB that delivered Madilyn, while we were at the grocery store. She was amazed, like everyone else, that I was out after only two weeks. I told her that I wondered if it was because I have babies so quickly. I mean, labor never wants to start but once it's time to push, SHAZAM!, the baby's out. Imagine pushing and grunting and whatnot for hours! That might cause a little more, I don't know, aches, pains....strains? But it's been making me question myself. I try to focus in on my body. Does it really hurt and I'm just not noticing? I didn't really notice with Lily either. But then I was SUPER sleep deprived. Maybe I'm just super awesome. lol

Well, I've stayed up in case Pedro needed me to come and get him and Lily but I need to rest a bit. Hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend!

No comments: