Monday, February 16, 2009

The word

We, or rather I, had a 22 week ultrasound today. She's doing great, punching the heck out of my bladder. The weird thing is that she's only in the 30th percentile. Lily was 99% all the way. So it's a little, strange. I ate a burger and then some frozen custard to help bulk her up. I mean, I've been eating. I've been so hungry that I've had to get up at 1am to make toast. So it's not like I haven't been sending her some calories. I used a baby book to predict that if she stays on course, she'll weigh 6.6 pounds at birth. Wow. Maybe I'll get my teeny baby this time. :)

Also, I'm about to kick all of the cats out of the house. Daphne no longer poops in the litter pans, but on the floor. Riley has been barfing every day for the last 4 or 5 days. Saturday I had 11 barfs to clean up. He goes to the vet tomorrow. It's frustrating because I had them all on a good routine for 2 weeks and then he had some of the old food. Maybe he has allergies?? Then there's BG who pees on any laundry he spies on the floor. I'm always picking up Lily's blankets to make sure that he doesn't get them. I'm seriously ready to take them all to a local no-kill shelter and hand over a good sized donation. It's not that I'm against the responsibility of taking care of pets but they all seem to be such miscreants. I can't deal with it being pregnant and trying to keep things clean. Lily walks around the cat vomit like they're land mines. It's repugnant and I'm sick of it.

Pedro still has a sore back from helping move on Saturday. Add to that the visit to the dermatologist today who cut out some funky looking moles. He's a little grumpy.

So all in all, we're kind of an unhappy household today. Pedro doesn't want me to get rid of any of the cats BUT he's not happy with the messes either. I used to think that people who didn't have pets in their house were sort of evil and uncaring. Now I realize they just want to keep their floors and furniture (and walls) clean. SIGH. Hopefully, the vet will be able to recommend something for Riley. I'm expecting blood tests. Maybe they could keep him there for observation for a year or two?

No comments: