Thursday, January 1, 2009

No tv

We gave away our old tv today. I think it went to a nice home. They were kind of excited with how big it is. Their old tv died and they didn't have the money for a new one. I kind of like being able to help out. :) Anyway, we went and bought a new tv but it won't get here for a week. SIGH. And we're about to take the Christmas tree to recycling so I'll have nothing to look at in the livingroom. I hope the cats can act out Kabuki.

Lily cried. C-R-I-E-D after the tv was gone. She went to the front door and pounded on it. I did my best not to laugh. She doesn't even watch that much tv and what she does see is PBS so.... It's a good thing that she doesn't know who Sponge Bob is.

We went to Toys-r-us to cheer her up. Heads up grandpa - she really wants a battery powered car. I'll have to invest in shin pads. We already had to get her a helmet. She was mastering the tricycle when she ran over my foot, tipped over and crashed on the floor. She's okay. As adventurous as she is, she mastered catching herself very early. The helmet has lights that flash whenever it's bumped. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Will it encourage Lily to smash her head into things to get the lights to go off???

I'm kind of excited about the new tv. It will take up WAY less space. Our entertainment center will be half the size of the old one. wheee! AND Pedro put out a sledge hammer for me to take to the old center. *wicked grin* I love busting things apart.

And in the category of tempting fate, I did buy a new baby outfit today. It's very sweet and summery. Pedro looked at it and said "that looks a little small for Lily". hmmm How clever of him to catch on to the fact that the 3 - 6 month sized little dress was a tad small. I have loads of old girl clothes from Lily so I wanted to get at least one new thing for the baby. It's a very sweet lavender print summer dress, with a white cardigan and white pants (in case we're in someplace cool).

Editor's Note:

Pedro wanted me to say that grandma and grandpa need not show up with a battery powered car for Lily.

No comments: