Friday, January 9, 2009

Oh dear

Lily is going through some kind of inner turmoil these days. If I change her diaper and try to get her pants back on her, she says NO and looks very smug. So I say, okay and leave the room only to hear, MAMA! and crying as she chases me down the hall with her pants. It's like she thinks I'm trying to deprive her of her clothes. It's so weird. She did a similar thing today with napping. I found her crying gently while curled up on the floor. So I offered to pick her up and take her to bed. You would have thought that I'd offered to to stuff liver up her nose while taking her temperature down "there". So I told her that when she figured out what she wanted she could come and find me and I'd help her out. Oh my gosh. She acted like I was about to throw her out of the house. Sigh. She was really really tired but it seems like she's trying to act independent but it scares her. I'm glad it doesn't irritate me. I'm kind of a contrary creature myself so I kind of roll with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Lily was going through tv withdrawels :):):) gt-ma