Sunday, November 2, 2008

Miracle

Before I launch into a description of Miss Lily's Hallowe'en night, let me just say I'm amazed. I have been eating like a pregnant killer whale (if they eat Chinese? - food, I mean) and yet I'm losing weight. I know pregnant chicks need more calories AND I've been getting to the gym but still. I mean, I have been EATING. And I'm 3 pounds lighter today than last week. Oh well, go me. I read this article that doctor's are rethinking how much weight gain is appropriate. For over weight chicks (à la moi) 15 to 25 pounds was thought to be okay. I just read that now they're thinking 5 to 9 pounds. How in murgatroid are you supposed to only gain 5 pounds???? I mean, Lily weighed 11, 1 so....?

Anyway, I think we all had a good time Friday night. We drove down to Newport News to trick or treat from Todd and Nicole's house. Last year, we had two trick or treaters and there are a lot of events that take people away from their neighbourhoods. Which is fine, but I wanted to do an old fashioned trick or treat. So we started at T & N's.



Lily figured the whole thing out pretty quickly. She knows candy when she sees it. The only snafu was at the second or third house we went to. They had tables set up under a car park thing and had decorations hanging from the ceiling. I didn't know that the skull Lily and I were beside was animated. So it starts laughing and lowering from the ceiling. I was holding Lily so she turned her head and got laughing skull in the face. That changed everything. I had to grab a stuffed animal and run cuz she was screaming. After that she wouldn't go to any houses that had jack o lanterns. And she was much happier if the doors were answered by nice old non-theatening ladies. :)

Let's see... She did crack us up at this one house where a man answered the door and was giving out full-sized candy bars. He gave her one and then asked her if she liked m&ms. She said "OKAY!". heeeee! Lily would walk by herself, but when it came time to go to the door, one of us would have to carry her. A 30 pound kid, loaded down with candy, is a backbreaker.




So where was Pedro? He got to T&N's and saw the big screen tv and the video games and said "see ya". Sigh. Check out Pedro's new best friend.

And I would have loved to have written more but Pedro is annoying me so I have to go and "help" rake leaves. Not to mention I just dealt with cat barf and Lily trying to clean up the cat barf with the fireplace brush. No one ever tells you about parenthood, do they??

No comments: