Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cranky pants

That would be me. Gosh, I've been having a really hard time sleeping lately. Lily and I went to bed at a good time and she dropped off really quickly. I tossed and turned trying to get comfortable. I heard Pedro coughing so I went and brought him some cough syrup. Then I made myself a half a sandwich. I felt kind of queasy and thought maybe I was hungry. Nope. It didn't help. I took some Tums and still no relief. I had heartburn for hours. Sigh. I'm only 10 weeks but I have this feeling of fullness in my belly and then the heartburn. I'm like, what the heck????

We went out to chop wood today. Daddy did a really good job. Except for when he worked himself too hard and had to lay down in the dirt. I watched steam roll off his face while sweat turned frosty on his brow. We also put Lily to work. Actually, she really wanted to help. She went back and forth a lot. Which was awesome for me. I just had to stack the wood and didn't have to try and bend over. :) Thanks Lily.

Then she got tired.

2 comments:

M'Lou said...

Tell Pedro to pace himself. He is overweight, out of shape and a prime candidate to have a massive heart attack when he over exerts.

LzyMom said...

Well, he went out and cut more wood today. And he does take breaks. That's usually when I get to bring him drinks. Yay me. :)

Also, when he had to lay down was after lifting extremely big pieces of tree (100 pounds, more?) into the wheelbarrow to dump them at the back of our property cuz they were rotten. So try to push a few hundred pounds of tree through deep leaves. He lived to tell the tale. :)