Sunday, November 16, 2008

Better?

I finally got a good night's sleep last night! It had honestly been a week since I'd had sleep where I wasn't woken up by coughing. I do feel good. I was woken up by Lily crying a little in her sleep but she seemed to do pretty well also. I gave us a break from the cough medicine too. But I put a layer of Vick's Vaporub on my neck, so thick that you could've skated on it! I think the menthol vapers knocked me out. :) It was getting a little stressful. I need sleep in my condition and I wasn't getting any. Unfortunately, now Pedro seems to have come down with the cold. Which means he's going to do less and be crankier than usual. Sigh. Lily is trying to look like she's not stealing things off of her daddy's desk.

Yesterday I really felt like making chocolate cake. Because, let's face it, I haven't had enough cake lately. Actually, perhaps that speaks to the power of chocolate - I did have a good night's sleep after eating it.... I'm also rereading Harry Potter. Chocolate has healing powers. How did J K Rowling discover that??? Or is it J P Rowling? Whatever. Since daddy wasn't feeling well yesterday, I recruited Lily as my assistant, mostly just to keep her out of his hair. Whilst I was making the frosting, she kept on trying to pinch off pieces of the cake!!! Oh and I made the mistake of telling her there was a chocolate cake. She pitched a fit when she couldn't climb on the stove. Sigh. Anyway, she was a very good assistant and got to lick the beater thingy when we were done.

I used a little too much mocha soy milk in the frosting. It wasn't really stiff enough to hold on. Fortunately, chocolate is chocolate. :) Oh yeah, Stacy and I had a good time in town yesterday. We went to Red Robin's and I had a chicken parmigiana. It was the bomb. I annihilated that chicken. There was pasta too, ehhh. I told her sagely, "pasta is pasta, but chicken is chicken!". I'm such a dork. :) Thanks for the fun day Stacy! (and the mug) :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you and Lily are getting better and hope Pedro gets well soon. I am enjoying visitting with Lee, Hailee, Demitirus and George. Texas is was wet, but now the sun is out 60 - 70's. Can't waite to see you all. Love g-ma

LzyMom said...

We're glad you're enjoying your visit! Can't wait to see you when you get back. Lily has LOTS of stories. :)

M'Lou said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Having a cough / cold can really drag you down.