Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sleep

Sleep is a very screwed up thing at our house lately. Lily and I didn't go to sleep until AFTER midnight last night. I think she stays up on purpose to hang out with me when I get home. But, of course, when I get home, I have things that I want to do. I don't want to waste an hour trying to get her to sleep. So I just keep her up until I'm ready for bed.

Sometimes I put this pressure on myself that everything has to be by the book. Or by what's "normal". But this is our life and what's happening right now. So, :P

Lily was making a lot of noise, playing with her bracelets from India. All of a sudden, I realized that there was no noise and went to find her. There she was. All snuggled in her blankets on the sofa. Poor wee thing. I use the term "wee", loosely.

Also, in the news, it snowed today! SNOWED. In Virginia. Bless my biscuit stuffed heart. I looked around for the giant fire that the ash was falling from but couldn't see anything. Then I noticed that the "ash" was melting on my window. der I think tomorrow morning, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get Lily and I up at 7. It will NOT be easy.

3 comments:

M'Lou said...

Life isn't by the 'book'. The 'book' is written by someone who wants to make money selling you what they think sounds like the perfect solution. Throw out the books and live your life. None of us have the textbook perfect life but we can make the best of what we have. Enjoy what moments you have with Lily. They will be gone before you know it and you can't get them back. Love, life, be happy.

M'Lou said...

That life (at the end of my lecture) was supposed to be live. Hope you are having a good day.

LzyMom said...

I'm having a better day, I guess. I got Lily to sleep at noon because I woke her up at 7:45. We didn't fall asleep until 12:30 last night. Oi. But now I am jittery and dizzy because I let myself get hungry. Good grief. I just wolfed down a sandwich. I cannot WAIT to get an ultrasound and discover what calorie consumer set up shop in my womb. I know they say you should eat an extra 300 calories a day. I'm sure I'm consuming an extra 1000 and I'm not gaining weight. It had better NOT be twins.