Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Crankier pants

Today, I'm not sure if that would be me or Lily. Pedro took the alarm clock so I don't know if Lily woke me up at 5 or earlier. Oi. And for some reason, my cold has come back with a vengeance, but I have a test on Wednesday night so I don't want to waste time sitting in the doctor's office. I never thought I'd be like that, but there it is. Lily got a hold of my rain boots. It took a lot of work for her to get them on and stand up, never mind "walking" down the hall. She's a trip.

Let's see... Lily took off her pants and her diaper yesterday. I told her that was fine, but that she needed to do her business in the potty. She came and went from the bathroom several times, sitting on the potty perhaps 30 seconds at a time. She finally came in, sat down and farted. I took this as a great sign. Until I walked out and saw the big damp spot on the carpet. SIGH But it's a start, right? Her doctor cautioned me that there would be lots of accidents. And baby pee is sweet pee. Not like that acrid cat waste. blech

I took some pictures of Lily looking cute yesterday. I love how that coat fits. It's not really a winter coat but every time Lily wears her winter coat she gets it extremely dirty so it's sitting in a laundry pile. Maybe a another winter coat for her for Christmas?? She also wore her cute little boots out. Oh yeah. We went to the gym and she took two of her "Rileys" with her. I thought, uh oh, what if the other kids want to play with them? I shouldn't have worried. As soon as we got in the door, a girl smaller than Lily toddled up to her and Lily gave her one of her kitties. I think I heard my jaw hit the floor. Lily's just a good natured kid. Now if Pedro or I were to try to touch one of the "Rileys" she'd grab it and take off running down the hall yelling "Miinnneeeeee". Such is life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah winter coat shopping. Love g-ma