Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sick

Yes, the Thompson household is ill. I mean, it's not the flu or anything but there's an awful lot of coughing and sneezing going on. Being in my pregnant state I don't like taking a lot of medication so I just suffer. I know, POOR ME. Pedro's home too and dealing with a sick husband is almost too much to bear. I know, not all guys are sick wussies who incessantly complain when they're sick. Right? I had a craving for chocolate cake yesterday. I love that Food Lion sells slices of cake. It meets the need without a major pig out. You know? Anyway, it was too sweet for me so I gave the rest of it to Miss Lily. She really wasn't interested. NOT!

Let's see... Lily is getting good at recognizing the color blue. Oh yeah! This morning I fried up some turkey bacon and I walked away for a minute. I knew that Lily knows the stove is hot, or that she'd figure it out pretty quick. Do you know what I came back to find? She had moved a chair over in front of the stove and was stirring the turkey bacon around. Talk about an almost heart attack. I'm always astounded at how her little two year old brain works. I know it's my own ideas about her development that make her accomplishments all the more surprising. I always think it's 3 year olds that move chairs to bust into the cupboards and get the cookies. Lily did that before she was two. I did mention it to the doctor and she was surprised also. So, :P, it's not just me.

Also, Lily likes balloons.


















Right after I took this video, I discovered that Lily's diaper had come undone and was sliding down her leg, inside the footie. I also discovered that that hadn't stopped her from relieving herself anyway. I additionally discovered that polyester footed sleepers don't let liquid through so all the pee collected in the feet. Last night was AWESOME.

1 comment:

Mrs. Booms said...

Those darn footie pj's.

It was pj day at daycare the other day and they all figured out how to unzip their pj's and were running around with their bellies hanging out.