Friday, November 28, 2008

The Day After...

Thanksgiving dinner was awesome. I stuffed myself so full of food I was sure I was going to puke. Which would only have given me a reason to eat more food, right? As it was, I couldn't help clean up after dinner. Which makes me slightly embarrassed. Sigh.

Well, I'm stuffed again. We had two curries tonight with rice and naan bread. Unfortunately, it was delayed by a couple of hours which is why I'm stuffing my face so maniacally now. Poor Lily dislocated her elbow. Pedro had woken her up and was walking her cranky self to the study when she suddenly dropped and threw a fit. He said he felt something pop and she wouldn't stop crying. So I called the doctor who advised me to take her to the ER. We were there for over an hour, which I didn't think was too bad, since that included x-rays. We were lucky, when we got there, no one was in the waiting room ahead of us, but it filled up really fast. whew

Lily was hysterically funny once she had some tylenol with codeine. The doctor suggested it because putting the elbow back together can hurt really bad for a few seconds. Once it was back in, she was ready to go. :) The change was incredible. Oh, and she was a very good patient. She let them take her blood pressure. How happy am I that I have a toy doctor's kit that she and I play with??? whew So all in all our little trip went pretty well. They warned us that since she's had this "nursemaid's elbow" once, that she is a candidate to get it again. AWESOME

No comments: