Tuesday, September 18, 2007

OW

Well Lily and I went on our first walk in weeks. It was SO hot and humid I had a humidity mustache at 7 in the morning. Okay, forget that last part. Anyway, it's been cool and dry lately so I decided to venture out. Oh and taking away Miss Lily's pacifier after she fell asleep this morning, worked well. Let's hope it keeps on working. I know I'm in for a LOOOOONNGGGG night.

Anyway we walked 2.5 miles, to the dam and back. There are some good sized fishies in there! Okay, the first picture is just of the lake about 1 mile from our house. The second picture is of the marina, sometimes I see herons in the water there.

Argh, some little flies hid on me and now they're in the house. Well, guess what suckers??! I have 3 cats. Okay, only 2 are in good enough shape to catch a fly, but IF one happens to land on Daphne, they'll probably get caught up in her fur and die a slow agonizing death. Sorry, I need to eat some lunch and get some happy calories in me! You should be able to spot a couple of fish in these pictures. Some of them are almost a foot long.

Of course, here's Miss Lily doing HER thing. Oh and daddy, if you're reading this at work, she has just demolished your pile of CDs you were going to get rid of. I know it doesn't really matter, but it was funny watching her methodically scatter everything to the winds. :) Uh oh, now she's going after bigger things. I'd better hurry this up and give a hungry baby lunch!

Okay, this is a sign that there once stood a town (?) of Bernardsburg, Incorporated 1796. There's an old chimney that I didn't get a picture of and I think that's all of Bernardsburg that's still standing. Pretty neat though. And there's a creepy little graveyard. We'll have to go and check that out on Hallowe'en. :)

Oh yeah, and the OW is for me because I haven't been for a long walk in a while and parts of me are very, VERY, sore. :( Oh yeah! I forgot to say that I'm 6 pounds lighter. I started using splenda instead of sugar. Go me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you go girl. Do you know how wonderful you are?
Love g-ma

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Sept. day. Thanks for sharing.

Love g-ma

LzyMom said...

You're welcome G-ma! It was a beautiful day. I hope to see you this Saturday. Lily can't wait!