Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Argfh

Oops, that was supposed to be "Argh". Oh well. Miss Lily kept me awake from 1 until 3 this morning, when I finally went and asked Pedro for help. Again, she was flopping around on the bed trying to sleep but just couldn't get there. It was hot in the house so that could have been part of it. She also has some bug bites. I watched her, blurry-eyed, as her little fingers ran over her blanket again and again. As if, looking for something to busy herself with. Should I sew something on her blanket? Today I had trouble getting her down for a nap and watched her do the same thing. Except this time she used the edge of her blanket to run her fingers along and that put her to sleep.

I don't want to do the cry it out thing. Lily is pretty headstrong and I don't think she'd give in. And I would feel like a monster. I have to figure out what's preventing her from sleeping and help her learn to fall asleep on her own, when she wakes up at night. I'm amazed reading some of the parent postings online that so many kids wake up at night. I just think that it's better to figure out why Lily can't sleep instead of letting her cry herself to sleep. On the other hand, I haven't yet figured out why she thrashes around for 2 hours and I need to sleep! argh

Has anyone tried the cry it out method? Did it help? I guess I am getting desperate. Well, as you can tell I took some new pictures of Lily. In her new duds that Auntie Nicole sent! You can't tell me she doesn't look cute! Lily says, thank you!



Anyway, I'm getting tired of rereading all my baby books on why Lily can't get back to sleep. I believe there's a solution and I keep talking to Lily as much as I can so she learns "thirsty", "hungry", "ow" and then might be able to tell me what's wrong. Sigh. There might be a lot of baby books out there but there isn't one especially for Lily!

2 comments:

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

cute, cute , cute.......... and some growing room....

LzyMom said...

She looks so adorable in that outfit. :) Now I just have to find matching shoes!