Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fuzz Knocker!

That's what I yelled when I tripped over a root. I try very hard not to swear in front of Lily and so I yell things like "Fuzz Knocker" in public. Well, it was an interesting hike. It was called the Frazier Discovery Trail and I discovered three things.

1) I'm really out of shape.

2) I'm not particularly good at reading trail markers.

3) A little rum and red wine makes the trail go a lot faster.

The trail was supposed to be around 1 and a half miles. As we went the wrong way for half a mile, that kind of extended it a bit. Did I mention, a half mile downhill, which means we added a lot more uphill to an already steep trail. Fun!

It was fun and I'm thinking of going again this weekend with Pedro. And Lily. :) Although, who gets to carry a 30 pound baby in the snuggli has yet to be decided.

I almost got a picture of Stacy checking her make up before we went on our hike. :)

Yes, I stuck the cheerio on Lily's head.

UPDATE: I'm such a dork, I forgot to include the picture of the bears, yes BEARS, that Stacy took. They were on the side of the road but I swear I saw bear poop when we took the wrong trail. Then Stacy's cellphone went off and wouldn't you know that she has to have wolves howling as her ringtone??? Cue Sonia's reaction to run up the trail....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee!!!! I had a lot of fun yesterday. :) I was telling my mom and dad about my cell phone going off and our fight or flight response and they LAUGHED at us. :( I'm actually not that sore today, not as sore as I thought I'd be!!! :-D Happy Fall!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun hike. Enjoy the fall.