Friday, September 14, 2007

No Jinx For You!


Alright, I'm tired. I spent almost an hour with Lily, picking her up when she cried and putting her down when she stopped. Then finally, she stopped getting up and grabbed a blanket. This sleep training isn't about getting her to sleep, it's getting her calm so she can teach herself to get to sleep. I left her awake, fiddling with a blanket and staring at the wall. WHEW

Now this isn't over, by any means, but I think we're off to a good start. I'm trying to make sure she stays on schedule, and drinks and eats lots during the day so I don't have to give her anything at night. I don't want her to think she has to fall asleep after she finishes a bottle. The hardest part was keeping Pedro out of the bedroom. Daddy wanted to save his crying princess. I understand - it's hard to listen to a baby crying.

Anyway, I didn't want to jinx myself saying this method worked already. I know I still have a long way to go but at least I put my foot on the path. :) Oh and I forgot to mention Lily took about 4 steps yesterday. She was trying to get to BG and Riley and I think she forgot she doesn't know how to walk on her own. :) Also, tonight while I was picking her up, she started pointing. She's never pointed before. Isn't that funny that she started tonight? She'd point to a lamp and I'd take her over to it and she'd run her hand over it. Smart baby. :)

Well, I'm going to run and jump in bed before I have to pick up and put down baby 50 more times. :)

No comments: