Saturday, September 17, 2011

X(

Hooo boy, skating didn't go so well. I think Lily will attend all of her lessons and I hope she gets better. She kind of just went off and didn't listen to anyone. Granted the lessons were about 90 seconds long. I talked to the head teacher, I think, and she said she likes to just get them out there so no buckets or training tools!

Lily was getting really frustrated. Afterwards, I talked to her about what could help: bending her knees slightly, practicing grabbing her knees when she feels like falling, falling to the side, etc. We also bought her her own helmet today. She outgrew the last one. :) The one she had on at the rink kept on falling off or falling in her eyes and I'm sure that was annoying. Well, it was our first outing and now we know what to expect.

We had a VERY long day out. We left at 9am and didn't get home til 3! That's long for us! But we did some shopping and had lunch and went and looked at guns. I think Pedro and I have found something to share... firearms! And hopefully, I have a place to shoot at. Not all the time but when they feel like it. Yes, I have a coveted Friend With Property. The man at the gun store said that's the best place to shoot. :)

And yes, before I hear any lectures, I know gun safety is super important. The handgun I'm interested in, FN P9, has a magazine lock and I would buy a gun safe. I haven't bought the gun yet so no one get too excited. :) The FN P9 has a couple more safety features than a Glock. There's a doohickey to release the slide and another to release the hammer. So you can't just shove a magazine in and go to town. But the Glock holds 17 rounds.... Sigh.

No comments: