Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 28

What a horrible day. I don't even want to write about it because then I'll need to remember it again. Okay, so no one I know died (that I know of). Lily got hurt at school but not badly (I was going to write "no one got hurt" but then I remembered).

whew So there was a "popping" package at the Palmyra post office. Palmyra, the small town that sits on route 15 that I drive through four times a day to take Lily to and from her school. At first, one road was closed but so congested no one was moving, so I had to drive all the way home, past my house and then take the other way to school. argh This was stressful.

Pedro stayed home today, which at first annoyed me because I wanted a quiet morning at home but it paid off later.

So I finally get Lily to school and I go to the framer's to get my repaired picture. They open at 9 but no one is there. So I wait for about 15 minutes and I call just to see if maybe someone is in the back working or something... So I finally go home and my restful morning is blown to bits.

Pedro gets it in his head that he wants to go with me to pick up the girls just in case something happens to me, so he knows where they have to go. If that made sense. SO we go back down 53 to 15. The freaking road is closed! So fine, I turn around and do the whole thing, back home, other way to Lily's school. We get to Route 15 (to head south instead of north) and there's ANOTHER FREAKING ROADBLOCK! This is where Pedro came in handy because he popped right out of the car and stormed down the hill (we were waiting for other cars to turn) to the road crew. Imagine an enraged 6'6 former marine coming at you. The dude's face clearly said "oh crap". hahahahaha

So we were allowed to turn *cough* and we finally made it to Lily's school. Not to mention that the detours forced drivers onto roads they were unfamiliar with so it was SLOW going. My heart is like warped from today. I think we got there around 12:20 or so. She was not the last kid. I know a lot of parents were probably freaking today. Then we headed over to get Madilyn BUT we had to all the way back home and then the other way. The few miles we need to get through were blocked off. I mean, it was a nightmare. I drove over 100 miles today. No kidding. It was awful.

So yes, we all survived (my heart is still thinking about it) and thankfully Lily doesn't go to school on Fridays so it should be, SHOULD BE, an easy trip to take Madi to school.

Mercy.

No comments: