Saturday, September 10, 2011

argh

So I'm the virus's latest victim. Holy crap is this thing brutal! Now I know why Lily was running around in sweater dresses and jeans when it was 85F out. I was so feverish last night that my jaw started chattering. Pedro turned the house up to76 (23C) and I was wearing sweat pants, a heavy sweatshirt and winter booties. And I felt just fine. Geez.

It took 2 vicodin to get me to sleep, omgosh the aching in my joints and even my skin! I mean, really, this thing is awful. My head is clear though so I'm grateful for that. Nothing worse than not being able to breathe. :P

And my heart has been pounding so hard and fast. Ugh. Pedro has been eating popcorn non-stop so I asked him when he started liking it so much. "When the chef got sick."

Gee, thanks.

Oh and if you have some time, this blog is as depressing as hell but I think it's an important read. It's not done yet: she's putting up a post each day in October for each month her daughter went through cancer treatment. Oh yeah, but I think it's a really great view into what really transpires. Have tissues handy.

http://www.chicagonow.com/mary-tyler-mom/donnas-cancer-story-2/

No comments: